The following are updates and reminders about our project as of December 9, 2016. This includes information for all designers, facilitators, and SMEs:
Facilitators & SMEs Volunteering during MOOC
Given the design process is winding down, we are ready to move forward with MOOC facilitation planning in anticipation of a February 22nd start for the course on Canvas.net. To that end, I request the following of those volunteering as facilitators & SMEs during the MOOC:
- As soon as possible, I would like to confirm the final team roster of facilitators and SMEs who will be volunteering during the MOOC. My notes indicate that the following people have previously confirmed their interest to volunteer as MOOC facilitators / SMEs:
- Betzi Bateman
- Zhaihuan Dai
- Valerie Henderson
- Kaylea Algire
- Camille Dickson-Deane
- Colleen Jackson
- Eric Stauffer (maybe)
- Stacy Swan (maybe)
- JR Dingwall
- John Baaki
- Heather Lamb
- Lynna Casiano
- Anneleise Dickens
- Amanda Duffy
- Cheryl Keener
- Keya Mukherjee
- Please confirm your continued interest: To those listed above, I want to confirm your continued interest to volunteer during the 12-week MOOC. These roles will be very important to the success of the project, and I want to ensure we have a committed team ready to go by January. I recognize that schedules change, so please take 1 minute to complete this quick poll to confirm your continued interest to participate as a facilitator or SME for the MOOC, and to let me know if January 7th works for our webinar (see below).
- As a reminder from the original Call for Volunteers, here is the requested participation for facilitators and SMEs during the MOOC:
- Facilitators during the MOOC:
- Requested commitment: 4 hours per week from February 22, 2016 – May 15, 2016.
- Responsibilities: Your assistance as one of a team of volunteer course facilitators is needed to provide feedback and support to students regarding their projects during this open online course. Volunteering with other course facilitators, you will offer guidance, assignment feedback, and responses to questions within the course discussion forum, as well as within 2 to 3 live webinars that could be planned during the MOOC.
- SMEs during the MOOC:
- Requested commitment: 2 hours per week from February 22, 2016 – May 15, 2016.
- Responsibilities: Our service-
learning experience will begin in early 2016 within an open online course on the Canvas.net platform. Your assistance as a volunteer on the panel of SMEs is needed to provide feedback and support to students regarding their projects during this open course. Volunteering along side the course facilitators, you will offer guidance, assignment feedback, and responses to questions within the course discussion forum, as well as within 2 to 3 live webinars that could be planned during the MOOC.
- Facilitators during the MOOC:
- Here are important MOOC-related dates:
- January 7, 2016: Facilitator / SME webinar on Thursday, January 7th at 7 p.m. (Central).
- January 11, 2016: MOOC Listing Date (enrollment begins)
- February 1, 2016: MOOC Readiness Review by Canvas. This will be the FINAL review by Canvas. I have committed to have all materials loaded in Canvas and ready for a FINAL sign off by Hilary, our contact at Canvas.
- February 22, 2016 – May 15, 2016: MOOC Start to End Date
- December 7th Canvas.net first review: As part of the evaluation process conducted by Canvas.net of our course, we completed Part 1 & 2 of Module 1 and the course orientation. We are awaiting feedback from Canvas that will be the their “OK” to list the course for a planned January 11th enrollment (fingers crossed).
- December 16th Design Teams (Combined) Meeting: As a reminder, we have a combined design team meeting Wednesday, December 16th (6:00 p.m Central /7:00 p.m. Eastern). This will be our last meeting before the design teams’ final deliverables are due, and our last meeting for 2015.
- December 21st Design Teams’ Deliverable Deadline: We’ve agreed to a firm deadline of DECEMBER 21, 2015 for us to complete the design teams’ final deliverables. This means that all designers have completed & submitted to me a final version of all deliverables on or before DECEMBER 21st. Factoring in the holidays, this gives me (us) roughly a month to get everything uploaded to Canvas before their required deadline.
Please touch base with any comments or questions. Thank you so much for your hard work on this project!