Spring 2017: Open ABE Service MOOC Forums Discussion: Fall 2015 Open ABE Design Fall 2015: Introductions Keya Mukherjee Introduction and topic preference

• Author
    Participant
    #6767 |

Hi I am Keya Mukherjee and feeling very excited to be part of this exciting project. Honest confession – I missed the webinar for the silliest reason possible; I put it on my calendar for Sep 9 instead of Sep 2…can’t even explain  further without sounding sillier.

My background is in teaching and my favorite learner group is the adult learner. I have taught for 20+ years in a variety of adult learning settings: alternative HS (for tennis players), a tutor, community college, teacher trainer and now as university faculty with experiences from freshman to Graduate students. I couldn’t tell you which one I didn’t like. Teaching or designing teaching is what I love.

Currently I am faculty and coordinator of the Master’s program in Instructional Design at Saint Leo University, and again I love my job teaching instructional design to students from a variety of settings: K-12, corporate and military. Right now I am loving designing my ID courses on Canvas. Nice LMS.  Glad to see that the MOOC will be developed on this very robust platform.

Topic preferences: ESL, College Reading, College Writing, and if needed Test Taking and Study Skills

Looking forward to working with all of you and see you all at a future webinar.

• JenM
    Keymaster

Welcome to the project! We will all benefit from your extensive experience in ID and ABE!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.